Heating Tips for New Orleans and Metairie Residents
AUGUST 1, 2011 | BY ADMIN | 1 COMMENT
With winter and the cooler weather on it’s way make sure you heating system is ready to when you turn it on.
If you have an annual maintenance agreement with a HVAC Contractor in New Orleans you should schedule a appointment to have you system serviced. If you do not have one you may want to enroll in a qualified Air Conditioning and Heating Contractors maintenance program so you can save money and have priority appointments when you need service.
Most heating systems are quite reliable and will provide you with quick, comfortable heat when you need it, providing you take good care of the system.
We recommend that you check out your furnace BEFORE the first cold night hits.
Follow these easy steps:
- Clean or change your furnace filter monthly – like when you get your gas or electric bill.
- If your furnace or boiler has a pilot light, make sure it is on.
- Some homes are equipped with a “FRESH AIR INTAKE” that brings in fresh air from the outside for combustion. If your home has one, make sure it is not blocked and clean the outside lint trap.
- Set your furnace to the “heat” position and turn up the thermostat.
- Allow your furnace to run through a couple of cycles to make sure it is working properly.
- Do a quick visual inspection of the furnace area to make sure there are no items that could interfere with air flow or combustion.
- Call Crescent Refrigeration at 504-521-6952 to arrange for a professional cleaning and inspection.
FILED UNDER: HEATING TIPS FOR NEW ORLEANS TAGGED WITH: HEATING CONTRACTOR NEW ORLEANS
Mr WordPress says:
August 1, 2011 at 4:36 pm
Hi, this is a comment. To delete a comment, just log in and view the post’s comments.
There you will have the option to edit or delete them.
Speak Your Mind